UPDATE: Macquarie Starts ORBCOMM (ORBC) at Outperform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 10:51 AM EDT)
Macquarie initiated coverage on ORBCOMM (NASDAQ: ORBC) with an Outperform rating. Analyst Andrew DeGasperi sees the stock as a compelling investment.
"ORBCOMM makes a compelling investment case for shareholders interested in companies that will monetize the coming Internet of Things wave, a US$30bn market opportunity. After several acquisitions that have opened several new verticals and new partnerships/organic efforts to strengthen its network, we believe ORBCOMM’s sub growth will accelerate in the near term and drive top-line CAGR of 9% through ‘18. We value ORBC at US$11/sh or 15x 2017E EBITDA," said DeGasperi.
"Importantly, while shares are relatively in line with peers at ~12x 2017E EBITDA, we think its dominant position in satellite-based M2M, unique satellite/terrestrial hybrid network, high visibility to revenues thanks to extensive subscriber base and appetite for M&A will likely propel shares higher. Lastly, we note our rating is not a call on 3Q16 results," added the analyst.
Shares of ORBCOMM closed at $8.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!