UPDATE: MKM Partners Upgrades Masco (MAS) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 26, 2016 10:51 AM EDT)
MKM Partners upgraded Masco (NYSE: MAS) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $36. Analyst Megan McGrath sees opportunity in a recent pullback.
"We believe that yesterday’s large pullback in the shares (shares were down 10%) presents a compelling buying opportunity for MAS, especially given that the company remains confident in its FY17 EPS guidance of $1.80. While 3Q results were certainly messy (with missteps in Windows and lower than expected margins in Cabinets), the company’s two largest businesses (Plumbing and Paint) continue to execute with excellent margins. We had been somewhat cautious on MAS heading into 3Q earnings, given 2Q’s large beat and a premium valuation of the shares. However, we do not believe that the repair/remodel cycle is over (as yesterday’s pullback seems to imply) and we expect MAS shares to see a healthy recovery from these levels," said the analyst.
Shares of Masco closed at $30.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!