UPDATE: MKM Partners Upgrades Masco (MAS) to Buy
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 26, 2016 10:51 AM EDT)
MKM Partners upgraded Masco (NYSE: MAS) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $36. Analyst Megan McGrath sees opportunity in a recent pullback.
"We believe that yesterday’s large pullback in the shares (shares were down 10%) presents a compelling buying opportunity for MAS, especially given that the company remains confident in its FY17 EPS guidance of $1.80. While 3Q results were certainly messy (with missteps in Windows and lower than expected margins in Cabinets), the company’s two largest businesses (Plumbing and Paint) continue to execute with excellent margins. We had been somewhat cautious on MAS heading into 3Q earnings, given 2Q’s large beat and a premium valuation of the shares. However, we do not believe that the repair/remodel cycle is over (as yesterday’s pullback seems to imply) and we expect MAS shares to see a healthy recovery from these levels," said the analyst.
Shares of Masco closed at $30.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- RBC Keeps United Natural Foods (UNFI) at 'Sector Perform' Following Q1 Report; Notes Cloudier Visibility
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!