UPDATE: MKM Partners Upgrades Masco (MAS) to Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 26, 2016 10:51 AM EDT)
MKM Partners upgraded Masco (NYSE: MAS) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $36. Analyst Megan McGrath sees opportunity in a recent pullback.
"We believe that yesterday’s large pullback in the shares (shares were down 10%) presents a compelling buying opportunity for MAS, especially given that the company remains confident in its FY17 EPS guidance of $1.80. While 3Q results were certainly messy (with missteps in Windows and lower than expected margins in Cabinets), the company’s two largest businesses (Plumbing and Paint) continue to execute with excellent margins. We had been somewhat cautious on MAS heading into 3Q earnings, given 2Q’s large beat and a premium valuation of the shares. However, we do not believe that the repair/remodel cycle is over (as yesterday’s pullback seems to imply) and we expect MAS shares to see a healthy recovery from these levels," said the analyst.
Shares of Masco closed at $30.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!