UPDATE: MKM Partners Upgrades KBR, Inc. (KBR) to Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 21, 2016 10:35 AM EST)
MKM Partners upgraded KBR, Inc. (NYSE: KBR) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $21. Analyst Daniel Scott highlighted the company's pivot into more government services and technology offerings.
"We are upgrading the shares of KBR to Buy from Neutral and raising our price target to $21/share from $15/share. We believe the company's ongoing pivot into more government services and technology offerings and away from hydrocarbon exposure warrants a re-rating of the valuation methodology. We expect the outlook for new awards in government services, technology, and particularly aerospace/defense work to improve under a Republican administration," said Scott.
The analyst added, "With the work-off of two large LNG projects and the drop in oil prices from $100/barrel two years ago to under $50/barrel now, KBR needed to refocus its efforts in other end markets or face an earnings cliff as they failed to win several large awards the last two years in downstream energy. Ammonia had been a strength, but was later cycle. Reverting somewhat back to its post-Halliburton (HAL, Not Rated) spin-out roots, new management last year began the process of emphasizing government services and technology. This was accelerated with the recent acquisitions of Wyle and HTSI. We expect these businesses to contribute over $1.2 billion to revenues in 2017. Furthermore, we expect the company to maintain a disciplined approach to risk management in future projects in its Engineering & Construction segment, with limited appetite for fixed-price contract structures."
Shares of KBR, Inc. closed at $16.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!