UPDATE: MKM Partners Downgrades Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) to Neutral on Concerns About Higher Steel Prices
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 17, 2016 10:41 AM EDT)
MKM Partners downgraded Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $176.00 (from $215.00). Analyst Megan McGrath sees headwinds from steel prices, which are up 17% year-over-year.
"We are lowering our 4Q16 and 2017 EPS estimates based primarily on the rise this year in steel prices. Although steel prices have pulled back meaningfully from the recent highs set in June, we think it would be unrealistic to assume that the higher y/y prices experienced during 2Q and 3Q this year won't have at least a short-term impact on WHR margins," said McGrath.
"WHR shares have pulled back 16% from their 2016 highs and are up roughly 10% ytd (vs. a 1.6% decline and 4.5% rise, respectively in the S&P 500). As a result, some of the higher steel prices may already be priced in (although we do not believe they are in consensus estimates yet). At 11x forward EPS, we do not view the shares as expensive, but no longer see them as a bargain given likely steel price and potential FX headwinds. If steel prices were to reverse course and/or we become confident in WHR's ability to more than offset the headwinds, we could potentially become constructive again on the shares," added the analyst.
Shares of Whirlpool Corporation closed at $160.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!