UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Packaging Corp. of America (PKG) at Sell
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:09 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE: PKG) with a Sell rating and a price target of $77, implying 6% downside. Analyst Brian Maguire said the stock's premium is unjustified, and he sees limited growth.
"Our rating is based on: 1) PKG’s 0.5x to 1.0x EBITDA valuation premium to Containerboard peers (IP, WRK, KS), which we believe is too high based on PKG’s non-Containerboard exposure to UCFS (14% of EBITDA); 2) our neutral to slightly negative view on Containerboard (86% of EBITDA), and in particular our view that investor expectations for price increases are too optimistic; 3) relatively few identifiable growth drivers within existing product lines," said Maguire.
Shares of Packaging Corp. of America closed at $81.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Clean Harbors (CLH) to $60; Reiterates Buy
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Raising Prices
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!