UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Packaging Corp. of America (PKG) at Sell
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:09 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE: PKG) with a Sell rating and a price target of $77, implying 6% downside. Analyst Brian Maguire said the stock's premium is unjustified, and he sees limited growth.
"Our rating is based on: 1) PKG’s 0.5x to 1.0x EBITDA valuation premium to Containerboard peers (IP, WRK, KS), which we believe is too high based on PKG’s non-Containerboard exposure to UCFS (14% of EBITDA); 2) our neutral to slightly negative view on Containerboard (86% of EBITDA), and in particular our view that investor expectations for price increases are too optimistic; 3) relatively few identifiable growth drivers within existing product lines," said Maguire.
Shares of Packaging Corp. of America closed at $81.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Raising Prices
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!