UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Marriott International (MAR) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 26, 2016 9:00 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Marriott International (NASDAQ: MAR) with a Buy rating and a price target of $81, implying upside of 18% pulse a 1.8% dividend yield. Analyst Stephen Grambling sees the company as the best positioned in lodging, with upside potential from the integration of Starwood.
"The combined Marriott/Starwood entity ranks at the top of our stock selection framework with attractive returns, growth and locations not fully reflected in valuation. Importantly, we believe the acquisition will give MAR more levers to drive growth against a decelerating backdrop, as synergies of $250mn appear achievable, revenue synergies exist from both RevPAR improvements and franchisee benefits, and expected asset sale proceeds of $1.5-$2bn could prove conservative," said Grambling.
Shares of Marriott International closed at $68.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!