UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts International Paper (IP) at Neutral
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:13 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on International Paper (NYSE: IP) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $49. Analyst Brian Maguire is cautious given pricing and pension concerns.
'While we like management’s long-term focus on optimizing the asset portfolio, improving ROIC, and returning cash to shareholders, our Neutral rating reflects our neutral to slightly negative view of containerboard (63% of total EBITDA), boxboard/SBS (9%), and pulp (8%). Furthermore, IP’ s $4.2bn unfunded pension liability has the potential to consume significant amounts of cash in the near-term that makes its relative valuation less attractive than it otherwise would appear to be," said the analyst.
Shares of International Paper closed at $48.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- Lululemon (LULU) Q3 'Solid Beat Across the Board', PT to $82 - Susquehanna
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!