UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts International Paper (IP) at Neutral
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:13 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on International Paper (NYSE: IP) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $49. Analyst Brian Maguire is cautious given pricing and pension concerns.
'While we like management’s long-term focus on optimizing the asset portfolio, improving ROIC, and returning cash to shareholders, our Neutral rating reflects our neutral to slightly negative view of containerboard (63% of total EBITDA), boxboard/SBS (9%), and pulp (8%). Furthermore, IP’ s $4.2bn unfunded pension liability has the potential to consume significant amounts of cash in the near-term that makes its relative valuation less attractive than it otherwise would appear to be," said the analyst.
Shares of International Paper closed at $48.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY) PT Lowered to $47 at BMO Capital; See Much Uncertainty and Increased Risk
- Preferred Bank (PFBC) PT Raised to $65 at FBR Capital Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!