UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts International Paper (IP) at Neutral
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:13 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on International Paper (NYSE: IP) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $49. Analyst Brian Maguire is cautious given pricing and pension concerns.
'While we like management’s long-term focus on optimizing the asset portfolio, improving ROIC, and returning cash to shareholders, our Neutral rating reflects our neutral to slightly negative view of containerboard (63% of total EBITDA), boxboard/SBS (9%), and pulp (8%). Furthermore, IP’ s $4.2bn unfunded pension liability has the potential to consume significant amounts of cash in the near-term that makes its relative valuation less attractive than it otherwise would appear to be," said the analyst.
Shares of International Paper closed at $48.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- E*TRADE (ETFC) PT Raised to $33 at Nomura Post Q3
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!