UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Domtar (UFS) at Neutral
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/27: (SEED) (GALE) (CTAS) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (NKE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:16 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Domtar (NYSE: UFS) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $40. Analyst Brian Maguire is negative on the near-term outlook for Pulp.
"We believe that UFS’s current coverage-low multiple of 5.1x 2016E EBITDA fairly reflects its challenges competing with better-capitalized, stronger brands in Personal Care, the well known secular decline in Uncoated Freesheet (UCFS), and near-term pricing headwinds in pulp. While Personal Care has recently had some important wins that should accelerate top line growth, we are less confident about management’s medium-term profitability goals (mid-teens margins) for the business. Furthermore, our negative view on the pulp markets offsets our positive view (relative to consensus) on UCFS," said the analyst.
Shares of Domtar closed at $36.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Thinks Lilly (LLY) is Compelling With or Without Potential Blockbuster AD Drug Sola; Analyst Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- UBS Raises Price Target on Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) Following Investor Day
- Brean Capital Raises Price Target on SYNNEX Corp. (SNX) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!