UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Domtar (UFS) at Neutral
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:16 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Domtar (NYSE: UFS) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $40. Analyst Brian Maguire is negative on the near-term outlook for Pulp.
"We believe that UFS’s current coverage-low multiple of 5.1x 2016E EBITDA fairly reflects its challenges competing with better-capitalized, stronger brands in Personal Care, the well known secular decline in Uncoated Freesheet (UCFS), and near-term pricing headwinds in pulp. While Personal Care has recently had some important wins that should accelerate top line growth, we are less confident about management’s medium-term profitability goals (mid-teens margins) for the business. Furthermore, our negative view on the pulp markets offsets our positive view (relative to consensus) on UCFS," said the analyst.
Shares of Domtar closed at $36.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!