UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Domtar (UFS) at Neutral
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:16 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Domtar (NYSE: UFS) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $40. Analyst Brian Maguire is negative on the near-term outlook for Pulp.
"We believe that UFS’s current coverage-low multiple of 5.1x 2016E EBITDA fairly reflects its challenges competing with better-capitalized, stronger brands in Personal Care, the well known secular decline in Uncoated Freesheet (UCFS), and near-term pricing headwinds in pulp. While Personal Care has recently had some important wins that should accelerate top line growth, we are less confident about management’s medium-term profitability goals (mid-teens margins) for the business. Furthermore, our negative view on the pulp markets offsets our positive view (relative to consensus) on UCFS," said the analyst.
Shares of Domtar closed at $36.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!