UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Domtar (UFS) at Neutral
- Wall Street reverses loss, gains on oil rally
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/28: (AVXL) (SPU) (HLIT) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (FGP) Lower
- Bernstein's Sacconaghi Sees Stronger Apple (AAPL) iPhone ASPs
- Fed's Yellen defends regulatory role, raises stress test changes
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Will End Internal Hardware Development; Boosts FY17 Outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:16 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Domtar (NYSE: UFS) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $40. Analyst Brian Maguire is negative on the near-term outlook for Pulp.
"We believe that UFS’s current coverage-low multiple of 5.1x 2016E EBITDA fairly reflects its challenges competing with better-capitalized, stronger brands in Personal Care, the well known secular decline in Uncoated Freesheet (UCFS), and near-term pricing headwinds in pulp. While Personal Care has recently had some important wins that should accelerate top line growth, we are less confident about management’s medium-term profitability goals (mid-teens margins) for the business. Furthermore, our negative view on the pulp markets offsets our positive view (relative to consensus) on UCFS," said the analyst.
Shares of Domtar closed at $36.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Downgrades Shopify (SHOP) to Equalweight Following Recent Gains
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Taubman Centers (TCO) to Buy
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Hi-Crush Partners LP (HCLP) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!