UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Domtar (UFS) at Neutral
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:16 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Domtar (NYSE: UFS) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $40. Analyst Brian Maguire is negative on the near-term outlook for Pulp.
"We believe that UFS’s current coverage-low multiple of 5.1x 2016E EBITDA fairly reflects its challenges competing with better-capitalized, stronger brands in Personal Care, the well known secular decline in Uncoated Freesheet (UCFS), and near-term pricing headwinds in pulp. While Personal Care has recently had some important wins that should accelerate top line growth, we are less confident about management’s medium-term profitability goals (mid-teens margins) for the business. Furthermore, our negative view on the pulp markets offsets our positive view (relative to consensus) on UCFS," said the analyst.
Shares of Domtar closed at $36.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Herbalife's (HLF) Debt Package News Seen as 'Enormous Positive' at Pivotal Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!