UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Boise Cascade Company (BCC) at Buy
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:06 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Boise Cascade Company (NYSE: BCC) with a Buy rating and a price target of $34, implying upside of 38%. Analyst Brian Maguire noted leverage to the housing recovery and earnings upside.
"We believe investors are over-emphasizing BCC’s current cyclically-depressed EBITDA of ~$160mn and not focusing enough on BCC’s potential to generate normalized EBITDA of $275mn in the next 2-3 years. We believe that improving housing data (partially driven by an improving labor market with higher wages) will drive improving investor sentiment on BCC’s ability to achieve this level of earnings. Additionally, we view BCC’s strategy to shift veneer production from plywood to engineered wood as a strategic positive, since the expected growth rates of LVL and I-Joists are far superior to plywood," said Maguire.
Shares of Boise Cascade Company closed at $24.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Reacts To Favorable FDA Decision For Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ)
- Deutsche Bank Starts Bio-Techne Corp. (TECH) at Buy
- Deutsche Bank Starts Danaher (DHR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!