UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Boise Cascade Company (BCC) at Buy
- Dow set to open at record high; oil hits $55
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:06 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Boise Cascade Company (NYSE: BCC) with a Buy rating and a price target of $34, implying upside of 38%. Analyst Brian Maguire noted leverage to the housing recovery and earnings upside.
"We believe investors are over-emphasizing BCC’s current cyclically-depressed EBITDA of ~$160mn and not focusing enough on BCC’s potential to generate normalized EBITDA of $275mn in the next 2-3 years. We believe that improving housing data (partially driven by an improving labor market with higher wages) will drive improving investor sentiment on BCC’s ability to achieve this level of earnings. Additionally, we view BCC’s strategy to shift veneer production from plywood to engineered wood as a strategic positive, since the expected growth rates of LVL and I-Joists are far superior to plywood," said Maguire.
Shares of Boise Cascade Company closed at $24.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Akorn (AKRX) at Sell
- HSBC Starts Goldman Sachs (GS) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!