UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Boise Cascade Company (BCC) at Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:06 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Boise Cascade Company (NYSE: BCC) with a Buy rating and a price target of $34, implying upside of 38%. Analyst Brian Maguire noted leverage to the housing recovery and earnings upside.
"We believe investors are over-emphasizing BCC’s current cyclically-depressed EBITDA of ~$160mn and not focusing enough on BCC’s potential to generate normalized EBITDA of $275mn in the next 2-3 years. We believe that improving housing data (partially driven by an improving labor market with higher wages) will drive improving investor sentiment on BCC’s ability to achieve this level of earnings. Additionally, we view BCC’s strategy to shift veneer production from plywood to engineered wood as a strategic positive, since the expected growth rates of LVL and I-Joists are far superior to plywood," said Maguire.
Shares of Boise Cascade Company closed at $24.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/20: (SWKS) (EMES) (CF) Higher; (PSTI) (AFMD) (BMY) Lower (more...)
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!