UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Boise Cascade Company (BCC) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:06 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Boise Cascade Company (NYSE: BCC) with a Buy rating and a price target of $34, implying upside of 38%. Analyst Brian Maguire noted leverage to the housing recovery and earnings upside.
"We believe investors are over-emphasizing BCC’s current cyclically-depressed EBITDA of ~$160mn and not focusing enough on BCC’s potential to generate normalized EBITDA of $275mn in the next 2-3 years. We believe that improving housing data (partially driven by an improving labor market with higher wages) will drive improving investor sentiment on BCC’s ability to achieve this level of earnings. Additionally, we view BCC’s strategy to shift veneer production from plywood to engineered wood as a strategic positive, since the expected growth rates of LVL and I-Joists are far superior to plywood," said Maguire.
Shares of Boise Cascade Company closed at $24.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- Trading Radar for 10/24: T-Mobile (TMUS), V.F. Corp. (VFC), Rambus (RMBS), Sohu.com (SOHU), Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Report
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!