UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Boise Cascade Company (BCC) at Buy
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:06 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Boise Cascade Company (NYSE: BCC) with a Buy rating and a price target of $34, implying upside of 38%. Analyst Brian Maguire noted leverage to the housing recovery and earnings upside.
"We believe investors are over-emphasizing BCC’s current cyclically-depressed EBITDA of ~$160mn and not focusing enough on BCC’s potential to generate normalized EBITDA of $275mn in the next 2-3 years. We believe that improving housing data (partially driven by an improving labor market with higher wages) will drive improving investor sentiment on BCC’s ability to achieve this level of earnings. Additionally, we view BCC’s strategy to shift veneer production from plywood to engineered wood as a strategic positive, since the expected growth rates of LVL and I-Joists are far superior to plywood," said Maguire.
Shares of Boise Cascade Company closed at $24.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
- Morgan Stanley Finds Amazon (AMZN) on Top Following Home Furnishing Survey - (WMT) (BBBY) (HOME) (TCS) (PIR)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!