UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Sees Public Service Enterprise Group (PEG) as 'Under-Appreciated'; Analyst Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 17, 2016 8:44 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (NYSE: PEG) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $47, implying upside of 15%. Analyst Michael Lapides thinks growth could surprise to the upside, and he sees improving FCF.
"We upgrade PEG from Neutral to Buy on (1) above consensus estimates, on our expectation for capital spending, rate base and earnings growth at its regulated subsidiary (PSE&G) to surprise positively, (2) potential upside and improving FCF at its non-regulated business (PSEG Power) and (3) valuation," said Lapides. "We raise our 2016-19 EPS estimates from $2.82/2.89/2.93/3.00 to $2.83/2.98/3.07/3.06 –seeing upside to the company’s expected electric transmission and gas distribution regulated rate base/earnings growth, while also benefitting from retiring two largely un-economic coal plants at PSEG Power."
Discussing catalysts, the analyst said, "...even after incorporating a 2017 rate case, we forecast an 8% EPS CAGR from 2015-2019, higher than most regulated utilities, partially driven by higher assumed investment in the electric/gas networks in NJ – we expect PEG to raise multi-year spend and rate base views in the coming months, likely at its 1Q2017 analyst day."
Lapides added, "Capital spending should start to moderate by 2018, improving FCF at PSEG Power – and as detailed by PJM’s own market monitor, the eastern portions of PJM could see the greatest improvement in fundamentals in next year’s capacity auction, after a weak auction in 2016 that weighs on 2019 earnings."
Shares of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. closed at $40.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Expect Google (GOOGL) To Post A Strong Topline Q4 Report - Goldman Sachs
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Raised to $55 at Deutsche Bank Ahead of 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!