UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Sees Opportunity in Eldorado Gold (EGO); Analyst Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 10, 2016 8:40 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Eldorado Gold Corp (NYSE: EGO) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $5, implying upside of 23%. Analyst Andrew Quail sees opportunity given underperformance and growth projects.
"The company’s 87ppt underperformance vs. the GDX YTD is unwarranted, in our view," said Quail. "We believe EGO is well positioned to fund its highly prospective organic growth opportunities, and expect growth projects to drive company-wide adj. FCF improvement of 60% by 2018E. A pro forma analysis based on EGO’s expectations suggests that if the $900mn of pending China asset sales close in 2H16 (per guidance), it will likely have the only net cash balance sheet across our gold coverage. We raise our target multiple to 10.5x (from 9x) to better reflect growth prospects and capital allocation outlook."
Discussing catalysts, the analyst said, "We believe EGO shares are likely to react favorably to updates on key organic growth projects at its investor day in September. We also flag the potential for the miner to reinstate its dividend in early 2017."
Shares of Eldorado Gold Corp closed at $4.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Sees 27% Upside in MercadoLibre (MELI) and Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!