UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Reynolds American (RAI) to Neutral
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 12, 2016 8:49 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs downgraded Reynolds American (NYSE: RAI) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $53.00 (from $56.00). Analyst Judy E. Hong saaid the bull thesis has largely played out.
"Since being added to the Buy list on June 16, 2015, the stock is up +28% vs. SPX up 1.5% and our estimates are no longer above consensus. We also see fading earnings momentum for RAI as (1) US cigarette industry volume declines revert back to the historical rate of decline; (2) Deal synergies are likely to run out by end of 2016; and (3) RAI faces ~$250mm higher settlement costs (or 5% of EPS) in 2017," said the analyst.
Shares of Reynolds American closed at $47.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Itron (ITRI) to $70; Reiterates Outperform
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!