UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Reynolds American (RAI) to Neutral
- Wall Street dips as investors digest earnings
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 12, 2016 8:49 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs downgraded Reynolds American (NYSE: RAI) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $53.00 (from $56.00). Analyst Judy E. Hong saaid the bull thesis has largely played out.
"Since being added to the Buy list on June 16, 2015, the stock is up +28% vs. SPX up 1.5% and our estimates are no longer above consensus. We also see fading earnings momentum for RAI as (1) US cigarette industry volume declines revert back to the historical rate of decline; (2) Deal synergies are likely to run out by end of 2016; and (3) RAI faces ~$250mm higher settlement costs (or 5% of EPS) in 2017," said the analyst.
Shares of Reynolds American closed at $47.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Halliburton (HAL) Following 3Q Report
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Raised to $61 at Nomura Following Q3
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!