UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Group 1 Automotive Inc. (GPI) to Sell
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 22, 2016 9:04 AM EST)
Goldman Sachs downgraded Group 1 Automotive Inc. (NYSE: GPI) from Neutral to Sell with a price target of $59, implying downside of 16%. Analyst David Tamberrino said its share price is detached from fundamentals.
"Following the US election results, GPI shares have increased 24% vs. the S&P500 +3% and our overall coverage +6%, outperformance that we attribute to potential benefits of a possible lower corporate tax rate. However, our fundamental view of the company remains unchanged and our 6-month price target now shows 16% downside. When coupled with our below-consensus 2016 and 2017 EPS estimates (1% and 1.6% below the Street, respectively), continued headwinds from Texas/Oklahoma exposure in the US as well as post-Brexit UK exposure, we now expect shares to underperform peers," said Tamberrino.
Shares of Group 1 Automotive Inc. closed at $70.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!