UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Adds Ralph Lauren (RL) to Conviction Buy List
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 8:47 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ralph Lauren (NYSE: RL) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $120, implying potential return of 18%. Analyst Lindsay Drucker Mann expects to see results from the company's turnaround.
The analyst explained, "As CEO Stefan Larsson approaches his 1-year anniversary at the helm, we believe the foundational elements for a successful turnaround are in place. These include: (1) a major inventory drawdown – we model US wholesale shipments down ~20% over the next 4 quarters, (2) a major push to upgrade operating capabilities including faster speed-to-market and reduced SKU complexity, and (3) a kitty of cost savings from restructuring activities to cushion the bottom-line. In our view, sales targets look reasonable and margin targets look beatable. Our $120, 12-month PT applies 20X fwd P/E; we expect sentiment to improve as turnaround efforts gain credibility."
Shares of Ralph Lauren closed at $101.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Fortive (FTV) at Perform
- Neurocrine Bio. (NBIX) PT Lowered to $56 at Jefferies Amid Adult Tourette's Data
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!