UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Adds Ralph Lauren (RL) to Conviction Buy List
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 8:47 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ralph Lauren (NYSE: RL) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $120, implying potential return of 18%. Analyst Lindsay Drucker Mann expects to see results from the company's turnaround.
The analyst explained, "As CEO Stefan Larsson approaches his 1-year anniversary at the helm, we believe the foundational elements for a successful turnaround are in place. These include: (1) a major inventory drawdown – we model US wholesale shipments down ~20% over the next 4 quarters, (2) a major push to upgrade operating capabilities including faster speed-to-market and reduced SKU complexity, and (3) a kitty of cost savings from restructuring activities to cushion the bottom-line. In our view, sales targets look reasonable and margin targets look beatable. Our $120, 12-month PT applies 20X fwd P/E; we expect sentiment to improve as turnaround efforts gain credibility."
Shares of Ralph Lauren closed at $101.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on AXT, Inc. (AXTI) Following 3Q Beat and Guidance
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!