UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Adds Ralph Lauren (RL) to Conviction Buy List
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 8:47 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ralph Lauren (NYSE: RL) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $120, implying potential return of 18%. Analyst Lindsay Drucker Mann expects to see results from the company's turnaround.
The analyst explained, "As CEO Stefan Larsson approaches his 1-year anniversary at the helm, we believe the foundational elements for a successful turnaround are in place. These include: (1) a major inventory drawdown – we model US wholesale shipments down ~20% over the next 4 quarters, (2) a major push to upgrade operating capabilities including faster speed-to-market and reduced SKU complexity, and (3) a kitty of cost savings from restructuring activities to cushion the bottom-line. In our view, sales targets look reasonable and margin targets look beatable. Our $120, 12-month PT applies 20X fwd P/E; we expect sentiment to improve as turnaround efforts gain credibility."
Shares of Ralph Lauren closed at $101.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- Mizuho Sees In-Line Under Armour (UA) Results, Reit. 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!