UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Adds Ralph Lauren (RL) to Conviction Buy List
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 8:47 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ralph Lauren (NYSE: RL) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $120, implying potential return of 18%. Analyst Lindsay Drucker Mann expects to see results from the company's turnaround.
The analyst explained, "As CEO Stefan Larsson approaches his 1-year anniversary at the helm, we believe the foundational elements for a successful turnaround are in place. These include: (1) a major inventory drawdown – we model US wholesale shipments down ~20% over the next 4 quarters, (2) a major push to upgrade operating capabilities including faster speed-to-market and reduced SKU complexity, and (3) a kitty of cost savings from restructuring activities to cushion the bottom-line. In our view, sales targets look reasonable and margin targets look beatable. Our $120, 12-month PT applies 20X fwd P/E; we expect sentiment to improve as turnaround efforts gain credibility."
Shares of Ralph Lauren closed at $101.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Goldman Sachs Assumes/Upgrades Sysco (SYY) to Neutral
- Credit Suisse Upgrades CVR Refining (CVRR) to Outperform; Most Exposed to RINs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!