UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Adds Columbia Sportswear (COLM) to Conviction Buy List
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 8:50 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ: COLM) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $71, implying upside of 25%. Analyst Lindsay Drucker Mann sees a compelling set up given easy weather comparisons.
"We add Buy-rated COLM to the Americas Conviction List with idiosyncratic drivers to sales and margins, despite a choppy retail macro. We believe COLM’s near-term investment case is de-risked given conservative 2H guidance for sales/margins and multiple compression. We see COLM as well-positioned into 2H (>85% of full year EBIT) against easy comparisons from last year’s warm winter. Past FY16, we continue to expect COLM to drive low-teens EBIT growth from continued market share gains and steady margin expansion; EBIT margins were 10.6% in FY15 versus peers in the mid-teens and COLM’s own peak of 20%" said Drucker Mann.
Shares of Columbia Sportswear closed at $56.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Starts Hertz Global (HTZ) at 'Sell' and Avis Budget (CAR) at 'Neutral'
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
- BMO Capital Remains Cautious on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Despite Decline; PT Lowered to $56
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!