UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Emerson (EMR) to Neutral
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 19, 2016 10:48 AM EDT)
Credit Suisse downgraded Emerson (NYSE: EMR) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $57 (unchanged). The change follows news it will acquire Pentair’s Valves & Controls business for $3.15 billion. Analyst Julian Mitchell said he sees few catalysts.
"Our TP remains $57, and our EPS estimates (on the current EMR basis) are unchanged; we show inside our pro forma forecasts including PNR V&C. While we think the deal has solid strategic logic, EMR has now unveiled many of the strategic moves which we anticipated in our report in April 2015 (‘Accelerated strategic change’), and the stock is now close to our TP. Following the plethora of recent portfolio announcements from the company, the relative paucity of upcoming catalysts (we do not expect further large imminent acquisitions or divestments), and the stock’s valuation multiple recovery YTD, we view the risk/reward as fairly balanced," said Mitchell.
Shares of Emerson closed at $54.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Parker-Hannifin (PH) Ahead of Acquisition Close
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!