UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Emerson (EMR) to Neutral
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - August 19, 2016 10:48 AM EDT)
Credit Suisse downgraded Emerson (NYSE: EMR) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $57 (unchanged). The change follows news it will acquire Pentair’s Valves & Controls business for $3.15 billion. Analyst Julian Mitchell said he sees few catalysts.
"Our TP remains $57, and our EPS estimates (on the current EMR basis) are unchanged; we show inside our pro forma forecasts including PNR V&C. While we think the deal has solid strategic logic, EMR has now unveiled many of the strategic moves which we anticipated in our report in April 2015 (‘Accelerated strategic change’), and the stock is now close to our TP. Following the plethora of recent portfolio announcements from the company, the relative paucity of upcoming catalysts (we do not expect further large imminent acquisitions or divestments), and the stock’s valuation multiple recovery YTD, we view the risk/reward as fairly balanced," said Mitchell.
Shares of Emerson closed at $54.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!