UPDATE: Cowen Upgrades Baker Hughes (BHI) to Outperform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 26, 2016 7:53 AM EDT)
Cowen upgraded Baker Hughes (NYSE: BHI) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $65. Analyst Marc Bianchi said evidence the company is able to execute will draw investors.
"We upgrade our rating to Outperform on the back of the company's first solid quarter following the break-up of the merger with HAL. Our price target moves to $65, offering 20% upside. While BHI's message on go-to-market is still evolving, execution on cost cutting has been impressive and we see more to come. We now assume a total of $1B of cost cuts (up from $800MM earlier), compared to guidance of $650MM by year end 2016 and un-quantified upside in 2017. We believe many investors have been on the sidelines with BHI since the merger, waiting for tangible evidence of execution. With a first installment now complete, and additional upside on the horizon, we see the valuation gap between BHI and peers beginning to close. Our estimates move higher to reflect additional cost savings with our 2017 EBITDA 40% above consensus," said Bianchi.
Shares of Baker Hughes closed at $54.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Upgrades Regency Centers (REG) to Buy
- Societe Generale Downgrades Baker Hughes (BHI) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!