UPDATE: Cowen Upgrades Achaogen (AKAO) to Outperform
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 28, 2016 9:30 AM EST)
Cowen upgraded Achaogen (NASDAQ: AKAO) from Market Perform to Outperform. Analyst Ritu Baral see a high chance of success for Ph3 EPIC cUTI data in Q4.
"Plazomycin is Achaogen’s Phase 3 novel modified aminoglycoside antibiotic that we think has significant clinical promise for treatment of resistant gram-negative strains including CRE (carbapenem resistant enterobacteriaceae). The drug has shown impressive activity in a number of serious infection types caused by different resistant gram-negative pathogens. Data suggests even better activity than standard of care, which we think may lead to better clinical outcomes such as improved survival, shorter ICU time, and shorter hospital stays," said Baral.
The analyst added, "AKAO moved up Plazomicin (Plz) pivotal Ph3 EPIC cUTI top-line and CARE trial data to 4Q16. We think EPIC has a very high chance of success given positive Ph2 cUTI precedent data. We continue to view Plz as a high value, low clinical risk late-stage asset."
Shares of Achaogen closed at $5.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
- Cowen Upgrades Hi-Crush Partners LP (HCLP) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!