UPDATE: Cowen Sees Opportunity in Alimera Sciences (ALIM) and Upgrades Stock to 'Outperform'
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 10:16 AM EDT)
Cowen upgraded Alimera Sciences (NASDAQ: ALIM) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $3.00. Analyst Boris Peaker said recent financing lifts an overhang and "bridges Alimera to cash flow positive."
"Alimera’s Iluvien, a sustained-release, intravitreal insert delivering fluocinolone acetonide (steroid), is approved for DME in US and 17 European countries. Alimera is marketing the drug in the US and Europe. After a slow start, sales continued to grow steadily and we believe that within the next year the company will become cash flow break even. Additionally, given Iluvien's complex formulation, we believe that it would be very difficult to make a generic equivalent drug. As such, we believe that as Iluvien's sales continue to grow, it will be of interest to spec pharma companies that can leverage their existing salesforce in ophthalmology" said Peaker.
The analyst added, "Alimera's key overhang was limited cash balance and restrictive debt covenants. With the $26.5M financing completed a month ago, we believe the company is capitalized to comfortably reach cash-flow breakeven next year and not at risk of tripping its debt covenants. While the stock popped to $2/share right after the recent financing, it has come back down to $1.50/share, which we view as a very attractive entry point."
Shares of Alimera Sciences closed at $1.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Prudential Financial (PRU) Garners Spot on Goldman Sachs's Conviction Buy List
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) to $45 Following 2Q Report
- Janney Montgomery Scott Upgrades BioDelivery Sciences International (BDSI) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!