UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Starts Marathon Oil (MRO) at Hold
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 9:22 AM EDT)
Canaccord Genuity initiated coverage on Marathon Oil (NYSE: MRO) with a Hold rating and a price target of $16. Analyst Stephen Berman said is cautious on the fact that the company is unhedged.
Berman summarized his view, writing, "MRO's main focus is on unconventional resource basins onshore in the U.S., where it has solid positions in the STACK/SCOOP in Oklahoma, Eagle Ford (EF) in South Texas, and Williston Basin (WB) in North Dakota. The company is one of the most levered to oil among U.S. large-caps. MRO has an improved balance sheet helped by noncore divestitures above the targeted range, which it can use to exploit an asset base enhanced by the recent PayRock STACK acquisition. MRO trades at a 2017E EV/EBITDA of 8.2x versus the 7.9x median for our Oklahoma/EF/WB coverage group. The company is basically unhedged in 2017 and beyond however, and at the strip the multiple is 9.4x. Given the operational leverage to oil and gas prices, being unhedged makes us cautious, and we therefore initiate coverage of MRO with a HOLD rating and $16 price target, which represents an implied 8.3x EV/EBITDA multiple on our 2017E EBITDA of ~$2.3B."
Shares of Marathon Oil closed at $15.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canaccord Genuity Remains Bullish on Intel (INTC)
- Cree (CREE) PT Raised to $23 at Canaccord Genuity
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts Wesco Aircraft Holdings (WAIR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!