UPDATE: Brean Capital Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Hold
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 9:45 AM EDT)
Brean Capital downgraded Nike (NYSE: NKE) from Buy to Hold and removed its price target (prior $62.00). The downgrade followed the release of Q1 results. Analyst Eric Tracy pointed out the company's "innovation reset" in North America.
Tracy explained, "We are lowering our rating from Buy to Hold following last night's 1Q results, with our more neutral stance based on our belief that NKE is now in the midst of an 'innovation reset' as evidenced by 1) more evolutionary product innovation amidst a consumer shift towards less technical, more lifestyle product (relative to 'visible' tech platforms that tend to drive rev growth: Air, Lunar, Free, Flyknit) and 2) decelerating futures growth in North America as the market resets. We believe NT upside catalysts are relatively limited (with EPS algorithm increasingly driven by lower quality SG&A, tax and share count), even as we continue to believe in the LT story (supported by top-down design focus, accretive mix shifts to DTC/int'l, and mfg/ supply chain revolution)."
The analyst added, "Accordingly, while we are tweaking our estimates lower, and don't assign a FV to Hold rated stocks (sensitivity analysis herein frames a range of outcomes; arrives at base case FV of $52, 20x our new FY18 EPS est), we would look to get more constructive on share pullbacks and/or improved visibility to quality EPS growth/potential upside."
Shares of Nike closed at $55.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!