UPDATE: Brean Capital Assumes Heron Therapeutics (HRTX) at Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 10:08 AM EDT)
Brean Capital assumed coverage on Heron Therapeutics (NASDAQ: HRTX) with a Buy rating and a price target of $41.
Analyst Jason Wittes said, "The company is in the process of launching Sustol, the first and only approved 5-HT3 receptor antagonist with an extended-release effect and 5 days of Chemotherapy Induced Vomiting (CINV) prevention for MEC and HEC regimens—which we think represents at least a $300 million opportunity over the next five years. By year-end they will also submit HTX-019, a proprietary intravenous (IV) formulation of Aprepitant, a NK1 receptor antagonist for CINV prevention—that is polysorbate-80 free— providing a significantly improved side-effect profile, which should set up for an approval by the end of 2017. HTX-011, Heron’s proprietary long-acting formulation of bupivacaine/meloxicam for post-operative pain, is potentially a multi-billion dollar opportunity. HTX-011’s 100-patient Phase II trial showed significant reductions in pain over the standard of care and a significant reduction in opioid use. As such, we see the Phase III trial as largely de-risked, which should lead to a NDA submission in 2018. HTX-011 is potentially broadly applicable to a variety of procedures, and thus a multi-billion dollar opportunity. Given results of two Phase II trials in bunionectomy and hernia, we think that Phase III is substantially de-risked—and as discussed below, concerns over bradycardia risk are overblown."
Shares of Heron Therapeutics closed at $16.61 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!