UPDATE: Brean Capital Assumes Alder Biopharm (ALDR) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 10:04 AM EDT)
Brean Capital assumed coverage on Alder Biopharm (NASDAQ: ALDR) with a Buy rating and a price target of $45. Analyst Difei Yang thinks the company will be a leader in the migraine market.
Yang summarized his views, writing, "Alder BioPharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company working toward the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutic antibodies for treatment of migraines, autoimmune diseases, and inflammatory diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, ALD403, a novel monoclonal antibody delivered intravenously and indicated for migraine prevention, is entering two Phase III trials for frequent episodic migraines (FEM) and chronic migraines (CM). Recent Phase IIb results showed sustained efficacy of a 75% reduction in migraine days per month in one-third of enrolled patients. The two Phase III trials are Prevention of Migraine via Intravenous ALD403 Safety and Efficacy 1 (Promise 1) for FEM, which has an expected readout in 1H17, and Promise 2 for CM, which is slated to initiate in 2H16. The company held $450 mil in cash and cash equivalents and short-term investments as of the end of 2Q16, With a multiple value inflection point in the near term, i.e., readouts on Promise 1, we assume coverage with a BUY rating and $45 TP."
Shares of Alder Biopharm closed at $31.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!