UPDATE: Berenberg Downgrades Syngenta (SYT) to Hold
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 11/28: Airlines, Cruise Operators Rally (UAL, DAL, RCL); Oil Stocks Plunge (OXY, CVX, XOM)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Piper Jaffray Retail Analysts Provide Initial Thoughts on Early Black Friday Activity
Berenberg downgraded Syngenta (NYSE: SYT) from Buy to Hold.
Analyst John Philipp Klein said, "Syngenta’s share price has lost 12% over the past 12 months, driven by significant earnings downgrades of more than 20% for 2014 and 2015 EPS. We believe that Syngenta’s earnings outlook is challenged by further market-share loss in North American corn seeds, a cost base exposed to appreciating currencies, and a comparatively weak product pipeline. With a 2012-16E EPS CAGR of now only 4% and a delayed margin expansion, we think that Syngenta is fairly valued at 15.4x 2015 earnings – a multiple based on crop protection rather than seeds."
Shares of Syngenta closed at $72.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Jaffray Sees Strong Holiday Sales for GoPro (GPRO) and Upside to Guidance
- Aegis Capital Trims PT on Ctrip (CTRP) to $55; Robust Q3 Results Don't Offset Outlook
- Needham & Company Downgrades Cubic (CUB) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!