UPDATE: Berenberg Downgrades Syngenta (SYT) to Hold
- Hold on Tight... Fed Day Could Bring a Number of Changes
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/17: (AUXL) (NETE) (NYNY) Higher; (ONCY) (RAX) (SINO) Lower
- Dresser-Rand Group (DRC), Sulzer Said to Be in Merger Talks
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 9/17: (AUXL) (IMUC) (X) Higher; (RAX) (SNE) (ADBE) Lower (more...)
- FedEx (FDX) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c
Berenberg downgraded Syngenta (NYSE: SYT) from Buy to Hold.
Analyst John Philipp Klein said, "Syngenta’s share price has lost 12% over the past 12 months, driven by significant earnings downgrades of more than 20% for 2014 and 2015 EPS. We believe that Syngenta’s earnings outlook is challenged by further market-share loss in North American corn seeds, a cost base exposed to appreciating currencies, and a comparatively weak product pipeline. With a 2012-16E EPS CAGR of now only 4% and a delayed margin expansion, we think that Syngenta is fairly valued at 15.4x 2015 earnings – a multiple based on crop protection rather than seeds."
Shares of Syngenta closed at $72.57 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Upgrades GNC Corp. (GNC) to Outperform
- Piper Jaffray Upgrades Under Armour, Inc. (UA) to Overweight
- Piper Jaffray Downgrades L Brands (LB) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!