UPDATE: Berenberg Downgrades Syngenta (SYT) to Hold
- Google (GOOG) Misses Q4 EPS by 20c
- Market Wrap: Jobless Claims at 15-Year Low; Fed's Yellen Still Dovish?; Alibaba Hit on Sales Miss
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/29: (BAMM) (ICPT) (AMZN) (MTW) Higher; (DECK) (INVN) (ALGN) Lower (more...)
- Intercept Pharma's (ICPT) OCA Receives Breakthrough Therapy Designation in NASH
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q4 EPS by 28c
Berenberg downgraded Syngenta (NYSE: SYT) from Buy to Hold.
Analyst John Philipp Klein said, "Syngenta’s share price has lost 12% over the past 12 months, driven by significant earnings downgrades of more than 20% for 2014 and 2015 EPS. We believe that Syngenta’s earnings outlook is challenged by further market-share loss in North American corn seeds, a cost base exposed to appreciating currencies, and a comparatively weak product pipeline. With a 2012-16E EPS CAGR of now only 4% and a delayed margin expansion, we think that Syngenta is fairly valued at 15.4x 2015 earnings – a multiple based on crop protection rather than seeds."
Shares of Syngenta closed at $72.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Northland Capital Markets Downgrades Qualcomm (QCOM) to Market Perform
- Hologic (HOLX) PT Raised to $33 at Needham & Company on Strong Q1 Growth Acceleration
- EverBank (EVER) PT Trimmed to $16 at Compass Point Following Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!