UPDATE: Barclays Upgrades Sunrun (RUN) to Overweight
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 22, 2016 9:58 AM EST)
Barclays upgraded Sunrun (NASDAQ: RUN) from Equalweight to Overweight with a price target of $7. Analyst Jon Windham tied the upgrade to strong Q3 results, model changes, and potential to take market share.
"We are being opportunistic as we see potential for RUN to take market share near-term given the expected scaled-back operations at SCTY following completion of the merger with TSLA that was approved by shareholders on 17 Nov 2016. While RUN remains a high risk/high reward investment, in our view, we feel investors have already priced in a significant amount of negative sentiment with shares trading down 25% over the last month. We believe shares are attractive at the current valuation for investors looking for exposure to residential solar," said Windham.
The analyst added, "RUN management increased deployment guidance by 4% at the midpoint, to 285MW for FY2016. We tweak our model to incorporate the increase in expected deployments and a slight increase to our previous installed cost estimates. We now expect 2016/2017/2018 deployments of 284MW/369MW/462MW from 274MW/356MW/445MW previously."
Shares of Sunrun closed at $4.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Downgrades Lexington Realty Trust (LXP) to Underweight
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Dish Network (DISH) to Overweight
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades TIM Participacoes (TSU) to Overweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBarclays, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!