UPDATE: Barclays Cuts Canadian Solar (CSIQ) at Equalweight as Analyst Turns Cautious on Leverage
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 24, 2016 9:48 AM EDT)
(Updated corrects article to indicate downgrade and adds comments)
Barclays downgraded Canadian Solar (NASDAQ: CSIQ) from Overweight to Equalweight with a price target of $14.00 (from $24.00). Analyst Jon Windham said he is "cautious on leverage."
"CSIQ's 5.9x 2016E net-debt/EBITDA poses a greater risk relative to the other names in our coverage such as FSLR ($20/sh YE16E net cash) or CAFD (contracted, stable cash flows) heading into a margin-challenged 2017E. While management has taken a slightly more cautious stance on capacity expansion and asset monetization, we think the key takeaway here is really the broader (and unavoidable) issue of unintended consequences of government policy distorting the solar supply/demand relationship on a global scale," said Windham.
"We now expect gross margin of 12.7% in 2017E, down from 16.2% in 2016E. We estimate 2016/17/18 adj. EPS of $2.00/$1.54/$1.66, from $2.35 /$2.65/$3.15 previously," added the analyst.
Shares of Canadian Solar closed at $13.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!