UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Sun Communities (SUI) to Outperform
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 8:53 AM EDT)
BMO Capital upgraded Sun Communities (NYSE: SUI) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $85. Analyst Paul E. Adornato likes fundamentals and is bullish on its Carefree Communities acquisition.
"We believe this and other acquisitions in the last two years have helped narrow the gap between SUI and nearest peer ELS in terms of portfolio quality, diversification, size, cost of capital, trading liquidity, and operating leverage. Therefore we believe SUI's 24% discount to ELS should narrow to 10%," said Adornato.
Carefree provides growth with increased density in key Florida markets and an entry to the high-growth, high-barrier California market, the analyst continued. "Additional occupancy gains, margin improvement, gradual build-out of 9,900 sites now available for expansion and the potential to convert more transient RV sites to seasonal and permanent rentals will fuel medium-term growth - we forecast +4.1% and +14.1% FFOps growth in 2016/17."
Adornato added, "SUI has delivered an average SSNOI growth of +4.2% over the last 15 years, compared with 3.9% for ELS and 2.7% for the Multifamily REIT sector. We think SUI's acquisitions have contributed to their aboveaverage SSNOI growth over time."
Shares of Sun Communities closed at $76.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!