UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Open Text (OTEX) to Outperform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 13, 2016 8:56 AM EDT)
BMO Capital upgraded Open Text (NASDAQ: OTEX) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $73. The change followed its agreement to acquire Dell EMC's Enterprise Content Division (ECD).
"We've upgraded Open Text to Outperform following the announcement of its acquisition of EMC's Enterprise Content division, based on the significant synergies that we anticipate from the deal," said BMO's Thanos Moschopoulos.
The analyst added, "While organic growth might remain a challenge for the combined business, in our view the cost synergy story alone should be sufficient to drive further upside to the share price over the next 12-18 months (particularly when coupled with the synergies from the HP assets). On a preliminary basis, we estimate that the deal will be 17%-19% accretive to FY2018 adj. EPS."
Shares of Open Text closed at $65.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!