UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Crown Holdings (CCK) to Outperform as Analyst Sees Upside Break Out
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 27, 2016 8:51 AM EDT)
BMO Capital upgraded Crown Holdings (NYSE: CCK) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $65.00 (from $56.00). Analyst Mark Wilde thinks shares are set to break out to the upside.
Wilde summarized the upgrade, stating, "Crown is trading at an unusually wide discount to Ball. Crown is deleveraging following two large acquisitions and should resume returning excess cash to shareholders in 2017. Earnings and cash flow should benefit from a wave of domestic and offshore expansion projects. Finally, risks from the Ball/Rexam combination appear skewed to the upside for CCK. We're raising our rating to Outperform and target to $65/share from $56. Our target is based upon a 10.4x multiple on 2017E EBITDA."
"With the Mivisa (2014) and EMPAQUE (2015) acquisitions now fully absorbed, Crown’s management can focus on performance in its core operations. Moreover, with 6/30/16 net debt/EBITDA at 3.7x and heading south, we expect CCK will resume returning cash to shareholders by mid/late 2017," added the analyst. "Crown already has an impressive emerging markets footprint, with solid #1 positions in high growth markets such as Mexico, Turkey, and Southeast Asia. Over the next 12-18 months, Crown should see gradual benefit from new facilities/lines opening around the world, most in high growth regions."
Shares of Crown Holdings closed at $53.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Raises price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $22
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!