UPDATE: BMO Capital Starts Callon Petroleum (CPE) at Outperform
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 8:51 AM EDT)
BMO Capital initiated coverage on Callon Petroleum (NYSE: CPE) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $20. Analyst Dan McSpirit highlighted attractive relative value, along with growth and a strong balance sheet.
"We believe the depth and breadth of oilweighted inventory captured in the Midland Basin affords investors exposure to low breakeven resource potential that can drive top-tier returns and debt-adjusted growth, results we believe stand out in today's low commodity price environment. The capital structure already in place allows this value to be brought forward at a pace that could result in greater transparency of the intrinsic value of the shares, in our view. Add to this a strong balance sheet and you have a defensive quality fitting for the same lowfor-longer oil price tape," said McSpirit.
Shares of Callon Petroleum closed at $14.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!