UPDATE: BMO Capital Starts Callon Petroleum (CPE) at Outperform
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 8:51 AM EDT)
BMO Capital initiated coverage on Callon Petroleum (NYSE: CPE) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $20. Analyst Dan McSpirit highlighted attractive relative value, along with growth and a strong balance sheet.
"We believe the depth and breadth of oilweighted inventory captured in the Midland Basin affords investors exposure to low breakeven resource potential that can drive top-tier returns and debt-adjusted growth, results we believe stand out in today's low commodity price environment. The capital structure already in place allows this value to be brought forward at a pace that could result in greater transparency of the intrinsic value of the shares, in our view. Add to this a strong balance sheet and you have a defensive quality fitting for the same lowfor-longer oil price tape," said McSpirit.
Shares of Callon Petroleum closed at $14.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Paylocity Holding (PCTY) at Perform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!