UPDATE: BMO Capital Starts Callon Petroleum (CPE) at Outperform
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 8:51 AM EDT)
BMO Capital initiated coverage on Callon Petroleum (NYSE: CPE) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $20. Analyst Dan McSpirit highlighted attractive relative value, along with growth and a strong balance sheet.
"We believe the depth and breadth of oilweighted inventory captured in the Midland Basin affords investors exposure to low breakeven resource potential that can drive top-tier returns and debt-adjusted growth, results we believe stand out in today's low commodity price environment. The capital structure already in place allows this value to be brought forward at a pace that could result in greater transparency of the intrinsic value of the shares, in our view. Add to this a strong balance sheet and you have a defensive quality fitting for the same lowfor-longer oil price tape," said McSpirit.
Shares of Callon Petroleum closed at $14.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Pepsi (PEP) Following Solid 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Starts Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (ETE) at Buy
- Imperial Capital Adjusts Estimates Following Callon Petroleum's (CPE) Announced Acquisition Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!