UPDATE: BMO Capital Starts Callon Petroleum (CPE) at Outperform
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 8:51 AM EDT)
BMO Capital initiated coverage on Callon Petroleum (NYSE: CPE) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $20. Analyst Dan McSpirit highlighted attractive relative value, along with growth and a strong balance sheet.
"We believe the depth and breadth of oilweighted inventory captured in the Midland Basin affords investors exposure to low breakeven resource potential that can drive top-tier returns and debt-adjusted growth, results we believe stand out in today's low commodity price environment. The capital structure already in place allows this value to be brought forward at a pace that could result in greater transparency of the intrinsic value of the shares, in our view. Add to this a strong balance sheet and you have a defensive quality fitting for the same lowfor-longer oil price tape," said McSpirit.
Shares of Callon Petroleum closed at $14.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- BMO Capital Reiterates Market Perform on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Report
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!