UPDATE: BMO Capital Starts Callon Petroleum (CPE) at Outperform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 8:51 AM EDT)
BMO Capital initiated coverage on Callon Petroleum (NYSE: CPE) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $20. Analyst Dan McSpirit highlighted attractive relative value, along with growth and a strong balance sheet.
"We believe the depth and breadth of oilweighted inventory captured in the Midland Basin affords investors exposure to low breakeven resource potential that can drive top-tier returns and debt-adjusted growth, results we believe stand out in today's low commodity price environment. The capital structure already in place allows this value to be brought forward at a pace that could result in greater transparency of the intrinsic value of the shares, in our view. Add to this a strong balance sheet and you have a defensive quality fitting for the same lowfor-longer oil price tape," said McSpirit.
Shares of Callon Petroleum closed at $14.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $150.00 at BMO Capital; Keeps 'Market Perform'
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!