UPDATE: BMO Capital Maintains Gilead Sciences (GILD) at Market Perform (Correction)
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 7:17 AM EDT)
(Gilead was not upgraded to Outperform, remains Market Perform at BMO.)
BMO Capital maintained its Market Perform rating on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) with a price target of $84 (prior $98). Comments follow Q3 results.
Analyst M. Ian Somaiya said, "We are lowering our price target to $84 from $98, reflecting continued weakness in HCV sales despite the strength of the TAF STR product launches in HIV. We believe that recent failure of simtuzumab in its P2 trial in NASH cirrhotics increases reliance on the early stage pipeline. We believe a slowdown in share repurchasing, a recent $5B debt financing, and $31.6B in cash could support a significant acquisition, as we continue to believe Gilead's next key catalyst remains business development as management needs to fill its pipeline gap."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $74.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Gildan Activewear (GIL) Following Investor Meetings
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Matador Resources (MTDR) Following Announced Offerings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!