UPDATE: BMO Capital Maintains Gilead Sciences (GILD) at Market Perform (Correction)
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 7:17 AM EDT)
(Gilead was not upgraded to Outperform, remains Market Perform at BMO.)
BMO Capital maintained its Market Perform rating on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) with a price target of $84 (prior $98). Comments follow Q3 results.
Analyst M. Ian Somaiya said, "We are lowering our price target to $84 from $98, reflecting continued weakness in HCV sales despite the strength of the TAF STR product launches in HIV. We believe that recent failure of simtuzumab in its P2 trial in NASH cirrhotics increases reliance on the early stage pipeline. We believe a slowdown in share repurchasing, a recent $5B debt financing, and $31.6B in cash could support a significant acquisition, as we continue to believe Gilead's next key catalyst remains business development as management needs to fill its pipeline gap."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $74.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!