UPDATE: BMO Capital Maintains Gilead Sciences (GILD) at Market Perform (Correction)
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 7:17 AM EDT)
(Gilead was not upgraded to Outperform, remains Market Perform at BMO.)
BMO Capital maintained its Market Perform rating on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) with a price target of $84 (prior $98). Comments follow Q3 results.
Analyst M. Ian Somaiya said, "We are lowering our price target to $84 from $98, reflecting continued weakness in HCV sales despite the strength of the TAF STR product launches in HIV. We believe that recent failure of simtuzumab in its P2 trial in NASH cirrhotics increases reliance on the early stage pipeline. We believe a slowdown in share repurchasing, a recent $5B debt financing, and $31.6B in cash could support a significant acquisition, as we continue to believe Gilead's next key catalyst remains business development as management needs to fill its pipeline gap."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $74.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) Following 4Q
- BMO Capital Downgrades Walt Disney (DIS) to Underperform; Too Early to Own for FY18
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Qualcomm (QCOM) Following FTC Complaint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!