UPDATE: BMO Capital Downgrades PDC Energy (PDCE) to Market Perform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - August 8, 2016 8:19 AM EDT)
BMO Capital downgraded PDC Energy (NASDAQ: PDCE) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $58 (unchanged). Analyst Dan McSpirit said he sees limited upside.
"In absolute terms, we see limited upside from where the shares are trading relative to our NAV-based target price of $58, an analysis grounded in well economics models for each of the company's operations and which shows remaining DJ Basin inventory measured in high-single-digit/low-double-digit years," said McSpirit. "In relative terms, we see no meaningful compression of the EBITDA multiple over time (7x 2017E EBITDA to 6x 2018E EBITDA at NYMEX strip pricing), also a reflection of the less competitive returns in the field in this somewhat contango-less oil and backwardation gas curves, as well as the reality of hedges rolling off."
Shares of PDC Energy closed at $55.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!