UPDATE: BMO Capital Downgrades Atwood Oceanics (ATW) to Underperform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 17, 2016 9:07 AM EDT)
BMO Capital downgraded Atwood Oceanics (NYSE: ATW) from Market Perform to Underperform with a price target of $7.00 (from $8.00).
Analyst Daniel J. Boyd summarized the downgrade in a note, writing, "Our stress test suggests that ATW is most at risk of needing to raise capital. We see liquidity risk in 2Q18 unless ATW is able to defer $400mn of payments related to two uncontracted UDW rigs, in which case the risk is pushed to 2Q19. Net-debt/2018E EBITDA is 9x and current liquidity is $715mn but we view effective liquidity as $290mn. ATW’s balance sheet concerns are not new (40% of float is short) but the stock has been 'squeezed' 26% higher since the OPEC announcement and ATW is now the best performing peer YTD. But $50-55 oil is not enough for the deepwater rig market, and even if oil trades above $60, we think a recovery would be gradual, especially with 32 UDW rigs currently idle."
Shares of Atwood Oceanics closed at $9.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, OPEC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!