UBS Starts Select Comfort (SCSS) at Sell
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS initiates coverage on Select Comfort (NASDAQ: SCSS) with a Sell rating and a price target of $20.00, saying while it is a strong niche player, its positioning is awkward.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "We understand the allure of SCSS' bull case w. easy NT compares due to idiosyncratic factors, well-regarded products & further store growth. This is transposed against a rich history of private market activity in the space. However, we think these considerations are more than offset by increasing competition, reliance on existing customers (1/3 sales are to repeat customers/referrals), susceptibility of its biz model to external shocks, less operating flexibility, & lofty expectations. The consensus assumes 10% sales growth & 120 bps of OM expansion in '17. Plus, we doubt SCSS can continue to push AUP higher (already at $4,206) in a consolidating & increasingly transparent market."
Shares of Select Comfort closed at $22.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Starts US Foods (USFD) at Outperform
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Targa Resources (TRGP) PT Raised to $65 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!