UBS Remains Sidelined on lululemon athletica (LULU) Following In-Line 2Q
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Oil rises on weaker dollar, Saudi commitment to cut output
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating and $72.00 price target on Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) following the company's 2Q earnings report. LULU reported EPS of $0.38, in-line with the Street's $0.38.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "With LULU up nearly 45% YTD (vs XRT +2%), we expect shares to be down on 2Q SSS decelerating to 5% (from 8% in 1Q), which was slightly below our +5.5% expectations but well-below buy-side expectations. This deceleration comes ahead of more difficult SSS compares (3Q15 +9%; 4Q15 +11%) as LULU anniversaries LY's pant wall re-launch (its biggest category at ~37% of sales). While LULU is confident in its product pipeline, traffic headwinds have continued into early 3Q from 1H and if women's bottoms slow (from +DD to +M-HSD levels), this will put incremental pressure on women's tops (~33% of sales) to perform (lapping 3Q15's +27%) and overall SSS upside could be harder to achieve. Maintain our Neutral Rating and $72 PT."
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $76.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Yum China Holdings (YUMC) to Buy, Sees Selloff As Buying Opportunity Ahead Of Q4 Report
- UBS On Apple (AAPL) Tax Implications: Bad For Cash Flow, Positive For EPS
- Barclays Downgrades Chiasma (CHMA) to Underweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!