UBS Remains Sidelined on Target (TGT) Following 3Q - PT to $78
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Target (NYSE: TGT), and raised the price target to $78.00 (from $72.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. While the retail backdrop remains challenging, UBS thinks that TGT's -1% to 1% 4Q comp guidance is achievable. It seems to have a competitive product lineup for the holidays. The 10% off promo it ran in Aug. provided a chance to test its systems in advance of the holidays. This should help it avoid any website overload issues similar to last year on Cyber Monday.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "Overall, TGT's -0.2% comp was better than initially feared. It topped the midpoint of its guidance & demonstrated sequential improvements on its multi-year stacks. Also, its digital growth accelerated to 26%. The overall outcome showed TGT is harvesting a return on the investments it's made over the years in areas such as merchandising & logistics. Though, we think some of the improvement can also be explained by a better environment in 3Q vs. 2Q. The avg comp at JCP, JWN, KSS, & M improved by 70 bps sequentially, & this basket has had a ~53% correlation w. TGT's comp since 1Q'15. Still, TGT still has some work to do. Its overall traffic was down -1.2%, the 2nd straight quarter that metric declined. Also, it sounds like TGT is seeing better trends around events & sales drop off in between. This could mean it's losing some of those regular trips to others in an increasingly mobile commerce world. We think this leads to a balanced risk-reward for TGT as its trading at a 14x NTM P/E (in line w. DKS & LOW)."
Shares of Target closed at $76.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!