UBS Remains Sidelined on General Mills (GIS) Following 1Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on General Mills (NYSE: GIS), and cut the price target to $67.00 (from $71.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. GIS reported EPS of $0.78 beating Consensus by $0.03.
Analyst Steven Strycula commented, "GIS reported F1Q (May-end) EPS of $0.78 beating Consensus by $0.03. F1Q EPS upside was driven by op. margin expansion of +73bp (vs UBS -10bps), though -4% YOY organic sales trends disappointed (with US retail -5%, International -1%, CS&F -7%). Weaker organic sales were attributable to ongoing US yogurt declines (-15% YOY), steep US Soup sale decreases (-20% YOY, due to SKU ration + lower retail inventory levels), and commodity flour price deflation. Despite these revenue headwinds, GIS said organic sales trends should improve sequentially in coming qtrs as Mills laps easier YOY comps at Wal-Mart, implements revenue management, and reinvests in Yogurt. GIS also reiterated their FY17 guidance including: 1) organic net sales -2% to flat; 2) adj EPS ex fx of +6-8% (-2pp from FX)."
Shares of General Mills closed at $65.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!