UBS Remains Sidelined on Edgewell Personal Care Company (EPC) Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Edgewell Personal Care Company (NYSE: EPC) price target of $86.00 (from $85.00) following the company's 4Q earnings report. EPC delivered EPS of $1.06, compared to the consensus of $0.96. Management expects adjusted EPS of $3.80-$4.00 in 2017.
Analyst Stephen Powers commented, "Amidst an increasingly challenging HPC landscape, EPC delivered optically solid EPS of $1.06 against UBSe/cons. of $1.02/$0.96 (although we’d note that its tax rate was ~5 points below our estimates of ~27% (or a 7c benefit to EPS) that came alongside strong organic growth of +9.2% (vs. UBSe of +3.1%). Leveraging broad-based sales strength (Wet shave +7.4% organic, Sun and Skin Care +18.2% organic, and Feminine Care +11.4% organic), EPC drove gross margin expansion of +295 bps (vs. UBSe of +155 bps) as it reduced trade spend and benefited from lower material costs. Looking ahead to FY17, EPC expects adjusted EPS of $3.80-$4.00, 100%+ FCF productivity (on GAAP earnings), 50+ bps of operating margin expansion, and +LSD sales growth (including a +40 bps contribution from the Bulldog acquisition)."
Shares of Edgewell Personal Care closed at $79.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Credit Suisse Upgrades HollyFrontier (HFC) to Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Following Analyst Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!