UBS Remains Sidelined on Apache Corp. (APA) Following 2Q Report
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS maintained a Neutral rating on Apache Corp. (NYSE: APA), and cut the price target to $54.00 (from $56.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report and conference call. APA reiterated its 2016 North American Onshore prod'n guidance of 268-278 MBoed and its International & Offshore prod'n guidance of 170-180 MBoed.
Analyst William Featherston commented, "Given APA's change in accounting method along with 2Q16 results, UBSe & consensus estimates for the quarter are generally not comparable. Clean 2Q16 EPS (loss) of ($0.26) plunged from a $0.47 profit in 2Q15 (clean EPS under Full Cost would have been $0.05, much better than the comparable consensus of a ($0.13) loss but more in line with UBSe of $0.08). Consolidated pre-tax prod'n fell 8% YoY to ~535.5 MBoed in 2Q. Price realizations dropped 25% YoY to $4.74/Mcfe, while pre-tax per-unit costs decreased 13% YoY to $5.07/Mcfe (10% below the comparable peer avg for 2Q16)."
Shares of Apache Corp. closed at $50.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!