UBS Remains Bullish as TJX Cos. (TJX) Reports 3Q Results
- Wall Street lower as oil snaps four-day rally
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $81.00 price target on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) following the company's 3Q earnings report. TJX withheld its customary commentary on current quarter trends, potentially signalling a slower start to 4Q. As the Euro and Pound weaken another -4%/-3%, UBS decided to trim 4Q EPS estimates to $1.03 from $1.06.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "TJX reported a strong 3Q beat, with +5% SSS (all traffic-driven) above our/Consensus +3.4%, and GMs +55bp YOY (driven by strong merchandise margins). Marmaxx SSS also increased +5% (driven by traffic)—with lower AURs YOY (making positive merch margins more impressive). Apparel sales were strong (retailers have seen mixed results in F3Q, with Macy’s apparel also strong while JCP commented apparel was weak)."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $73.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!