UBS Remains Bullish as TJX Cos. (TJX) Reports 3Q Results
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $81.00 price target on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) following the company's 3Q earnings report. TJX withheld its customary commentary on current quarter trends, potentially signalling a slower start to 4Q. As the Euro and Pound weaken another -4%/-3%, UBS decided to trim 4Q EPS estimates to $1.03 from $1.06.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "TJX reported a strong 3Q beat, with +5% SSS (all traffic-driven) above our/Consensus +3.4%, and GMs +55bp YOY (driven by strong merchandise margins). Marmaxx SSS also increased +5% (driven by traffic)—with lower AURs YOY (making positive merch margins more impressive). Apparel sales were strong (retailers have seen mixed results in F3Q, with Macy’s apparel also strong while JCP commented apparel was weak)."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $73.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!