UBS Remains Bullish as TJX Cos. (TJX) Reports 3Q Results
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $81.00 price target on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) following the company's 3Q earnings report. TJX withheld its customary commentary on current quarter trends, potentially signalling a slower start to 4Q. As the Euro and Pound weaken another -4%/-3%, UBS decided to trim 4Q EPS estimates to $1.03 from $1.06.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "TJX reported a strong 3Q beat, with +5% SSS (all traffic-driven) above our/Consensus +3.4%, and GMs +55bp YOY (driven by strong merchandise margins). Marmaxx SSS also increased +5% (driven by traffic)—with lower AURs YOY (making positive merch margins more impressive). Apparel sales were strong (retailers have seen mixed results in F3Q, with Macy’s apparel also strong while JCP commented apparel was weak)."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $73.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!