UBS Reiterates Sell on Devon Energy (DVN) - PT to $35
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Sell rating on Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN), and raised the price target to $35.00 (from $32.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. DVN reported a $0.03 EPS beat, driven by lower than expected costs & higher oil price realizations. DVN's 4Q16 production guidance of 524-546 MBoed is below consensus of ~553 MBoed.
Analyst William Featherston commented, "Clean 3Q EPS of $0.09 was above consensus & our estimate of $0.06 with the beat vs. UBSe driven by lower than expected costs & higher oil price realizations; however, CFPS of $0.81 was below our $0.84 on lower DD&A. EBITDX of $703MM exceeded consensus of $692MM. Core 3Q volumes (adjusted for divested assets) were down ~7% YoY to 550 MBoed while total production was down 15% YoY to 577 MBoed, in line with the 560-590 MBoed guidance range but below UBSe/consensus of ~582/581 MBoed. Price realizations fell 31% YoY to $3.68/Mcfe, 8% above UBSe. Unit costs fell 16% YoY to $3.78/Mcfe, 2% below our forecasts."
Shares of Devon Energy closed at $37.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!