UBS Reiterates Neutral on First Solar (FSLR) Following 3Q
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating and $45.00 price target on First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) following the company's 3Q earnings report. UBS expects that primary investor focus will remain on the upcoming 2017 guidance call and see the Cal Flats/Moapa disclosures as the most challenging datapoint to overcome near term. Current guidance implies ~$50M of gross margin at best from Cal Flats and Moapa, though there is some room for improvement if the Cal Flats tax decision is resolved favorably.
Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith commented, "Although FSLR raised EPS guidance on the call, the significant increase in gross margins coupled with a $1B reduction in revenue as California Flats and Moapa are pushed out raise questions around upcoming 2017 guidance. The company currently has ~550MW booked in 2017 systems with near term expectations for 50-150MW more, though margins on the ~380MW of projects from Cal Flats and Moapa are potentially flat margin contributors next year. Net/net the implication that a substantial portion (up to ~2GW+) of earnings will come from modules/components leaves us increasingly cautious on 2017 and reinforces our recent downwards revision."
Shares of First Solar closed at $40.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; FY17 adj.-EPS Outlook Boosted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!