UBS Reiterates Buy on Workday (WDAY) Following Mixed 2Q Results
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Workday (NYSE: WDAY), and raised the price target to $94.00 (from $86.00), following the company's 2Q. WDAY reported revenues of $378M, ahead of the Street's $373M estimate. EPS came in at -$0.04, missing -$0.02 estimates.
Analyst Brent Thill commented, "FQ2 metrics, deal trends, and mgmt. tone point to a very strong 2H while guidance looks conservative enough for cont'd beat & raise. Core HR was healthy: IBM and Dell expansions + new Samsung win. Fin'l Mgmt deal momentum is accelerating: 1/3 of Q2 deals included FM; we're more confident that 2H will see large enterprise wins; and ORCL/N integration may slow N in mid-market. Planning, which is not yet GA, has already signed >50 clients and is driving platform (joint HCM + FM) deals. Overall billings & revs should benefit in 2H as not all Planning deals have been invoiced yet and rev rec does not start until GA in late Sept.; in addition, Learning and Student pdts will also launch in Sept. Implied 2H guide looks conservative as FY17 raise of $7.5M/$3M for billings/revs at mid-pt is less than FQ2 beat of $11M/$6M, and pipeline looks plump. We continue to view WDAY as a core holding among Cloud/SaaS platforms."
Shares of Workday closed at $79.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!