UBS Reiterates Buy on Workday (WDAY) Following Mixed 2Q Results
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Workday (NYSE: WDAY), and raised the price target to $94.00 (from $86.00), following the company's 2Q. WDAY reported revenues of $378M, ahead of the Street's $373M estimate. EPS came in at -$0.04, missing -$0.02 estimates.
Analyst Brent Thill commented, "FQ2 metrics, deal trends, and mgmt. tone point to a very strong 2H while guidance looks conservative enough for cont'd beat & raise. Core HR was healthy: IBM and Dell expansions + new Samsung win. Fin'l Mgmt deal momentum is accelerating: 1/3 of Q2 deals included FM; we're more confident that 2H will see large enterprise wins; and ORCL/N integration may slow N in mid-market. Planning, which is not yet GA, has already signed >50 clients and is driving platform (joint HCM + FM) deals. Overall billings & revs should benefit in 2H as not all Planning deals have been invoiced yet and rev rec does not start until GA in late Sept.; in addition, Learning and Student pdts will also launch in Sept. Implied 2H guide looks conservative as FY17 raise of $7.5M/$3M for billings/revs at mid-pt is less than FQ2 beat of $11M/$6M, and pipeline looks plump. We continue to view WDAY as a core holding among Cloud/SaaS platforms."
Shares of Workday closed at $79.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fastenal (FAST) PT Raised to $49 at Credit Suisse Following 4Q
- Roth Capital Downgrades Ideal Power (IPWR) to Neutral
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165 at Cowen Amid 'Stellar' Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!