UBS Reiterates Buy on Symantec (SYMC) Following Announced Intentions to Acquire LifeLock (LOCK)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Analyst Brent Thill commented, "Today, SYMC announced its intention to acquire LifeLock (LOCK), a provider of consumer ID and fraud protection services, for $2.3B, following initial Bloomberg reports that surfaced on 11/11. The $24/share offer implies a 16% premium to LOCK's closing price on 11/18, a 36% premium to LOCK's unaffected share price at 11/10, and 145% from LOCK's Feb lows. We note activist investor Elliott had accumulated a ~9% stake in Jun and remind investors Elliott was also a stakeholder in SYMC earlier this year."
Shares of Symantec closed at $23.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Moody's Assigns 'Ba3' Rating to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA); Outlook Stable
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!