UBS Reiterates Buy on QVC Group (QVCA) Following Investor Presentation
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $30.00 price target on QVC Group (NASDAQ: QVCA) following the company's presentation at an investor conference. CEO, Mike George presented an update on Q3 operating trends at the conference. While the market reacted negatively to management's commentary, UBS continued to believe that the headwinds QVC currently faces are largely transitory in nature vs. structural.
Analyst Eric Sheridan commented, "Today, CEO of QVC Mike George presented at an investor conference and laid out the following as an update on Q3 operating trends: 1) the slowdown in the US business has persisted in Q3 ("modestly improved but still negative comps for the business" with QTD operating trends down high-single digits YoY); 2) the greatest pressures remain among QVC's core/most loyal customer base (impacted by macro), while retention and viewership remain healthy; 3) the most pronounced pullback was observed in apparel/fashion (inline with previous comments; slowdown from double digit growth to flat over the summer), and; 4) EasyPay: while write-off rates ticked up in Q4'15/earlier this year (as mgmt noted in its Q2 call), rates remain generally low (<2%; only limited impact on P&L). Additionally, we note that mgmt remains disciplined about cost-cutting incl. SG&A (e.g., guidance for $35m in cost savings next year) and shipping."
Shares of QVC Group closed at $19.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American International Group (AIG) PT Lowered to $69 at UBS
- Jefferies Reiterastes Hold on McDonald's (MCD) Following 4Q Report
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Some Risk To Earnings - Buckingham Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!