UBS Reiterates Buy on Pfizer (PFE) Following a Meeting with Management
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $38.00 price target on Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) following a meeting with management. The main topics included the recent decision not to break up, M&A/BD strategy, expenses/operating leverage and CNS remaining an attractive therapeutic area for research.
A UBS analyst commented, "Without breaking up and as one company, mgt pointed to modest top line growth until it gets through two additional LOEs (Viagra and Lyrica). As for the two separate businesses, the CEO believes that investors underappreciate the growth potential for each of them. In the Innovative side, he pointed to the IO assets as growth drivers. And in Essential Health, he pointed to growth from emerging markets, biosimilars, and injectables as well as the opportunity to drive costs down further. Mgt believes that the biggest opportunity to unlock value is in this larger business that has the potential to grow. Since going forward Pfizer will manage the two businesses separately, mgt indicated that there is always the option to separate down the road if valuations or the tax situation change, but it also indicated that it wouldn’t be reviewing this issue on a quarterly basis and wouldn’t be providing any new date for a future decision."
Shares of Pfizer closed at $33.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!