UBS Reiterates Buy on PPL Corp. (PPL) Following 3Q Report
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on PPL Corp (NYSE: PPL), and raised the price target to $38.00 (from $36.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PPL reported 3Q16 EPS of $0.63 vs the consensus of $0.58, largely driven by strong performance to date at all business segments.
Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith commented, "Recall from the hedging update that PPL pointed to strength in its underlying businesses giving management confidence in the 2016 mid-point. The increased midpoint guidance of $2.38 vs $2.35 is reflective of actions PPL took in October to capture gains from the remaining 2016 hedges against a weakening GBP. We see the 6 cents of negative impact from FX strikes more than offset by strong business line results. We note O&M specifically attributed 4 cents to the updated 2016 guidance and emphasize that the primary ongoing benefit will be coming out of PPL's UK segment, as mgmt. noted on the call that O&M UK benefits are expected to continue through 2017. While we note there was no 2017 guidance update, mgmts update today on 2016 gives us confidence in the 4-6% UK regulated growth targets, as well as the 6-8% domestic growth. The key focus will be sustainability of wider tailwinds into '18."
Shares of PPL Corp closed at $34.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- PPL Corp (PPL) PT Raised to $37 at Barclays
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!