UBS Reiterates Buy on Medtronic (MDT) Following 1Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT), and raised the price target to $96.00 (from $92.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Management reiterated F17 guidance of 5-6% top-line adjusted CC growth and EPS guidance of $4.60-4.70.
Analyst Matt Miksic commented, "Management delivered on its F1Q17 guidance of 5.0 – 5.5% adjusted revenue growth (excluding impact of the extra week last year) and its 'down slightly' EPS guidance by 2c (including +2c from tax and -1c from other non-op expenses). There was a 70 bps contribution from acquisitions in the quarter, as expected, and in-line with the 50-100 bps of growth from M&A annually, as laid out in management's long-term plan at the recent investor day. We view the sustainable top line performance as impressive, and continued double-digit CC EPS growth as attractive, particularly given the expanded size of the company (now ~$120 bil market cap). So with more appropriate guidance set on sales growth and EPS, we expect investors to be more focused on these metrics, and we see F17 as less of a hand-wringer than F16 on a quarter-to-quarter basis. We reiterate our Buy rating on top pick MDT, upping our target from $92 to $96. We view weakness post-F1Q results as an attractive buying opportunity."
Shares of Medtronic, Inc. closed at $85.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Mizuho Securities Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!