UBS Reiterates Buy on Five Below (FIVE) Following 2Q Report
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating and $55.00 price target on Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE) following the company's 2Q earnings report. following the company's 2Q earnings report. FIVE reported EPS of $0.18. ahead of consensus' estimate of $0.17. The outcome was driven by 50 bps of GM expansion, which was above the 20 bps forecast.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "While FIVE’s 3.1% comp was a bit softer than our 4.0% (& the 3.4% cons.), the result was consistent w. its guidance & its LT algorithm. The fact that traffic was down in the Q & the comp was driven by a rise in ticket will capture some attention. But, we think this was heavily influenced by the uncooperative weather in many of its markets to start the Q (~50% of its stores are in the mid-Atlantic / NE). Plus, we think its results were better in June / July. Further, it guided to a 1-2% comp for 3Q, but this is on a tougher compare. So, the 2-year stacks are holding steady in the 6-7% range. Assuming it can sustain this level through the end of the year, we estimate it could generate a ~3% comp in the ever important 4Q (when it generates ~70% of its FY EPS). We believe a healthy outlook for the holiday makes this a compelling stock idea into end of the year and beyond."
Shares of Five Below closed at $44.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Williams Partners LP (WPZ) to Outperform
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Raised to $55 at Deutsche Bank Ahead of 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!